Course Duration : 36 Hours
This course will help you acquire essential knowledge and skills to work in the travel and tourism industry and become an effective travel professional. Provide advice on flight, accommodation and tour products, and how to ensure travelers fulfill necessary travel requirements. Improve your customer service and sales skills in order to better advise travel customers about when and where to travel based on their needs. Learn to use a global distribution system to create and manage reservations.
In this course you will also learn how to price journeys for all types of fares using the Sabre Global Distribution Systems (GDS). You will have hands-on practice using the interactive Global Distribution Systems (GDS) simulation tool, which will help you analyze GDS displays relevant to mileage system pricing; read, interpret, and apply mileage and routing fare rules; and issue tickets. The simulation training is supported by an interactive workbook and reference notes on GDS commands, maps and key journey pricing terms and definitions.
What you will learn:
Upon completing this course, you will have the skills to:
- Price air journeys and interpret fare rules
- Implement essential principles to price journeys as a single pricing unit
- Categorize pricing units such as one way, round, circle and open jaw tips
- Price journeys in Neutral Units of Construction (NUC), convert to local currency using the IATA Rates of Exchange (IROE) and apply currency rounding rules
- Follow the complete formula for calculating pricing units for a wide variety of trip types with multiple fare components, including carrier fares
- Describe mileage air fares, distinguish between IATA and non-IATA fares
- GDS commands, maps and key journey pricing terms and definitions.
- GDS Basic Reservation System, creating passenger’s booking, Pricing and ticketing.
This course is recommended for:
- Travel agents
- Airline reservation agents
- Tour operators
- Call center agents
- Anyone who is willing to start career in Travel industry as Travel consultant.
Duration: This course requires XX hours to be completed in X months
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 36 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes